Shubman Gill is an Indian international cricketer known for his impressive batting skills. Born on September 8, 1999, in Fazilka, Punjab, Gill made his debut in domestic cricket in 2017 and quickly gained recognition for his talent. He has represented India in both test and one-day internationals, showcasing his remarkable technique and maturity at a young age.
|Date of Birth
|8 September 1999
|Indian cricket team
- Youngest cricketer to score a double century in ODIs
- Highest T20I score by an individual for the Indian team
- Fastest player to score 2000 runs in ODIs (38 innings)
- List-A debut against Vidharbha in 2017
- First-class debut for Punjab against Bengal in the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy
- International debut for the Indian cricket team in January 2019
- Vice-captain of the Indian Under-19 cricket team in the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup
- Player of the Tournament in the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup
- Scored 372 runs at an average of 124.00 in the tournament
- Part of the IPL championship winning Gujarat Titans team in 2022
- Won the 2023 IPL Orange Cap with 890 runs
- Scored 129 in the IPL Qualifies 2, the highest individual score in IPL Playoffs history
- Appointed as the captain of Gujarat Titans ahead of IPL 2024
Shubman Gill was born and raised in Fazilka, a small village on the India-Pakistan border. His father, Lakhwinder Singh, is an agriculturist who aspired to become a cricketer himself. Recognizing his son’s talent in cricket, Gill’s father moved the family to Mohali, near the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, so that Shubman could receive better training and opportunities in the sport. Gill’s father played a major role in his success and has been supportive throughout his cricketing journey. Shubman Gill also has an elder sister named Shahneel Gill, with whom he shares a close bond.
|Lakhwinder Singh (Father)
|Shahneel Gill (Sister)
|Keart Gill (Mother)
Shubman Gill is an Indian international cricketer who represents the Indian cricket team across all three formats. He is widely considered one of the best batsmen in contemporary world cricket. His father, Lakhwinder Singh, is a farmer, and his mother, Keart Gill, is a homemaker who has always supported him in his cricketing journey. He has a sister named Shahneel Gill. Grandfather, Didar Singh Gill, is also associated with cricket and has expressed his faith in Shubman’s future success. Shubman’s family hails from Fazilka, a small village on the India-Pakistan border.
Height, Weight, And Other Body Measurements
Wife/husband / Girlfriend/boyfriend Shubman Gill’s Relationship
Shubman Gill is currently in a relationship with Sara Tendulkar, the daughter of cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar.
There are no known previous relationships of Shubman Gill.
Shubman Gill is not married.
There have been rumors and speculation about Shubman Gill’s relationship with Sara Tendulkar, but neither of them has publicly confirmed or denied their romantic involvement.
Career, Achievements And Controversies
Here is the information about Shubman Gill’s career, achievements, and controversies:
Shubman Gill is an Indian cricketer who was born on September 8, 1999, in Fazilka, Punjab, India. He started his cricketing career at a young age and made his first-class debut for the Punjab cricket team in 2017. Gill quickly rose to prominence with his impressive batting skills and was soon selected for the India Under-19 team.
In 2018, Gill played a crucial role in India’s victory in the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. He finished as the tournament’s leading run-scorer with 418 runs at an average of 104.50 and was named the Player of the Tournament.
Gill’s consistent performances in domestic cricket earned him a place in the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2018. He has represented KKR since then, delivering some impressive knocks and establishing himself as one of the bright young talents in Indian cricket.
In January 2019, Gill received his maiden call-up to the Indian national cricket team for the ODI series against New Zealand. He made his international debut in January 2019 and has since played for India across formats, including Tests and ODIs.
– Leading run-scorer in the 2018 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup
– Player of the Tournament in the 2018 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup
While Shubman Gill has been relatively controversy-free, there have been a few notable incidents:
1. Umpire Argument: In a domestic match, Gill was involved in a controversy when he argued with an umpire after being given out. The incident sparked debates and discussions in the cricketing world.
2. Test Average Debate: Gill’s Test performances have been subject to scrutiny, with some critics questioning his average. There have been discussions about his technique and some attribute his struggles to a “rapid sideways trigger and bottom-hand domination.”
Despite these controversies, Gill remains a promising young talent in Indian cricket and has the potential to achieve great success in the future.
Faq Shubman Gill FAQs
Shubman Gill is a young Indian cricketer who represents the Indian national cricket team as a batsman. He plays as a top-order batsman in all three formats of the game.
Shubman Gill made his international debut for India in Test cricket on 26 December 2018 against Australia. He made his ODI debut on 31 January 2019 against New Zealand.
Shubman Gill has had a successful domestic cricket career. He has represented Punjab in various domestic tournaments in India. Notably, he was the leading run-scorer for India in the 2018 ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup, where he played a crucial role in India lifting the trophy.
Shubman Gill is a right-handed batsman. He is known for his elegant strokeplay and ability to build innings. He possesses a wide range of shots and is comfortable playing both spin and pace bowling.
Shubman Gill has played several impressive innings in his career. One of his notable innings was during the 2020-21 Border-Gavaskar Trophy series against Australia, where he scored an impressive 91 runs in the fourth Test match in Brisbane, playing a crucial role in India’s historic series win.
Yes, Shubman Gill is a part of the Indian Premier League (IPL). He represents the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) franchise in the tournament.
As of now, Shubman Gill has a healthy batting average in international cricket. His average in Test matches is above 40 while his average in One Day Internationals (ODIs) is around 35. Note that these figures may change as his career progresses.